Thursday, April 5, 2012

Results

Stacey didn't disappoint me yesterday!  She wrote a scathing-ish post on her blog, directed at me.  It definitely found its mark.  Read her advice to me here.  I could barely breathe when I got done reading that.  No one really talks to me like that.  But it's exactly what I needed (and deep down, wanted) to hear.  And I knew she would bring it.  No more pats on the head.

Stop.  Making.  Excuses.

Ummm, ok.

Between yesterday and today, I have lost 1.5 pounds.  I love seeing scale movement!  But today, I did something that I hadn't done since February 1:  I measured.

I figured I had to start somewhere.  Get those numbers back on paper and start the next step of repairing whatever damage I've done (or undone) in the last 2 months.  This is about moving forward, no matter how many steps I take backward.  Always forward.

I was surprised what the tape measure revealed.  

Although I have fallen off the wagon, gotten off track, fill-the-blank with your failure description of choice, there were still results to be seen.  From February 1 to today, I have lost 5 pounds.  It's not great, but it's something.  It's not an overall gain, and I'll take it.  But the most surprising part is that I lost some inches everywhere except one spot in that same time period.  Overall, from February 1 until today, I have lost a total of 4 inches.

Grand total results to date:
Pounds lost:  22
Inches lost:  14.25

I think Stella is getting her groove back.  And it wouldn't be possible without the support and encouragement of all y'all.  Usually, I'll lose a little weight, and then remain permanently in the ditch.   But if Shanon can do it, and is she ever, then by God, I can do it, too!

Shanon, your commitment to this is inspiring me to Press On.

I might even cook something.

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how many times I have been where you are. Hang in there and keep going, keep getting back up on that wagon. You can do it. I am enjoying reading about you and your sister and hope to one day post my own success story on marks daily apple. I had dropped 30lbs on BP and found myself pregnant. So here I am 8 months post partum and moving along. Although my blog has been deeply neglected as baby and I adjust to life together and running after my older boys. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl! I still remember the day I did the "not fat" pants boogie...oogie oogie. That was the day I groped blindly into the back of my closet and pulled out my "not fat" pants...the ones next to my skinny jeans. Oh ho that was a glorious day I tell ya...I slid into those pants without having to be greased up to do it. No laying on the bed sucking it in either. That day proved to me that my view of myself was way off kilter...I was thinner in real life than I was in my head. We chicka's gotta figure out how to look thinner in our head.

    In the mean time, keep it up cuz I am so rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete

We're not shy. Go ahead and say it.