Monday, January 23, 2012

Open Letter to My Trainer

Dear Satan,

On the odd chance (read slim-to-none) that you actually READ this blog, please know that when I refer to you as 'Satan' it is a term of endearment. Really. You are teaching me to save my own life. Even when I hate you, I LOVE what you're helping me do.

I think it takes a special kind of person to look at an overweight, out of shape woman and see the potential within her. To envision the warrior hidden beneath years of inactivity and ignorance. You have made strength and power a possibility for me, always encouraging me to try more and push harder. Even when I think I can't, you show me how to prove to myself that I can.

True fitness begins in the mind. The environment of community and encouragement I've found is helping me believe I can do this. That's half the battle right there.

To all of you without a trainer, no one said you have to do this alone! You may not be able to go to a professional, but you can seek out your own personal cheerleader. This road is so much easier when you walk it with someone who can't wait to see you succeed.

Oh, and Satan? You are making a difference. Now, about that jog....


No comments:

Post a Comment

We're not shy. Go ahead and say it.