Thursday, January 19, 2012

Reality Check



Quick fact. Muscle weighs more than fat. It takes up less space, but it is considerably heavier. See the picture here? See how much smaller the muscle is, but it still weighs as much as the big old blob of ugly lookin' fat? What is that, anyway? It looks like corn on the cob, but it was prettier than the photographs of the real stuff. Ugh. Keeps me from ever wanting corn again. Anyway, the point is that I am struggling to get over the fact that my scale is NOT cooperating with me. It's been stuck at 8.4 pounds down for about 5 days now, and we were about to have a Come to Jesus meeting about it when I had this epiphany. Yes, I know this is not news. But if you're like me, you understand all this information just fine until it's your scale that doesn't agree with you after you've been working so hard. When it just doesn't get that the numbers need to be lower now. Then all our head knowledge flies out the window. Frustrated with this relationship, I began to search for other answers. CrossFit! "Satan" has been working me to the point of pure exhaustion for two weeks now. Those sore places I didn't know existed on my body? Bet that's muscle hidden under there! Who knew?


This is where the Measurement Fairy comes to tap me on the shoulder. "I'll show you what that mean ol' scale won't! Ditch him! You're too good to be tied to him anyway." Well hell, lady! Why didn't you say so! The tape measure and I have a date later. I'll have to let you know if it goes well. I hear it puts out. :)


1 comment:

  1. Yep... I always have to remind myself that it's more about measurements and how clothes fit. Especially with personal training since you do build muscle.

    ReplyDelete

We're not shy. Go ahead and say it.